Pages

Tuesday, January 3, 2012

2012

I always feel like I watch far too much television, so we’ve changed our cable to the bare minimum and cancelled the DVR and TiVo services. (TiVo, I do miss you so.) However sometimes when feeling under the weather (or afraid of the weather,) I like to mindlessly get involved in one movie after another. Some of them aren’t good movies, none are really awful, but while they aren’t my favorite Netflix always provides the opportunity to watch movies I otherwise would have never paid to see, some I’ve just never seen, and some great classics.

So far this year I’ve watched these 8 movies, (it’s only the 5th day of the year.)

You Again (cute, good cast, one timer)

No strings attached (good cast if you are into Ashton Kutcher, I don’t have a specific Kutcher opinion as of late, he was good in this one. I always like Natalie Portman.)

Return to Me (starts a little cheesy, and I’m usually not a huge fan of Minnie Driver, but this is actually a good movie. It’s predictable but appealing to the nearest bored man. My sister’s boyfriend who happened to be here while I was watching got interested and watched with me.)

Little Black Book (ah Brittany Murphy, I really liked her in movies. Every time I see her I think about when she was in the area filming the movie skeleton key and was

too Hollywood

to stay at the Holiday Inn… But I digress, I always think about that poor girl when I see her in movies, it really is a shame she’s gone so young.)

Revenge of the Bridesmaids (I like Raven, watch if you are bored, beware of horribly executed Louisiana accents)

Father of the Bride (like you haven’t seen it. Recently my sisters and I had a day on my couch with ice cream and watched part II, so I’d been meaning to refresh part I in my mind.)

History of the World part I (Mel Brooks, Madeline Kahn, Bea Arthur… What more do you really want? One of my all time faves.)

9 to 5 (I love Dolly in everything, I love this movie, call me a sucker but I loved it when I saw it on Broadway.)

I wish I could this involved in books right now, too bad having a toddler and unimaginable loads of laundry don’t really make book reading as easy as watching movies.

No comments:

Post a Comment